Throwback Thursday

Welcome back to another Throwback Thursday!


I'm experimenting with some of the HTML I've been learning at Code Academy to write this post and I'm super excited!
For this #tbt, I'm throwing it back to this past January, when the charity organization I've been working with for the past four years, Dance Marathon, raised $33,000+ for Children's Miracle Network.
I served as the Campus Representative for this amazing organization on University of Oregon's campus. I was so proud to have helped raise this much money by throwing a 12-hour dance party where we stand in solidarity with all the parents of sick children who stand by their kid's hospital beds.


This organization and event reminds me of a book....

Material World by Peter Menzel 

While I love helping out sick children here in the United States, it often reminds me of the income and wealth disparity across the globe. Material World was the first book that introduced me to the concept. I first came across it when I was in fourth grade, in Ms. Barber's class. I was transfixed by the photos and the way that other people around the world lived. I highly recommend it, even if it is twenty years old now (can we do a remake?).

Comments

Popular Posts