Top Ten Tuesday



Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's theme is Top Ten Seven Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read

1. Bossypants by Tina Fey
Tina Fey is hilarious and I've heard good reviews, but I just hate non-fiction and memoirs. So so much. 


2.  Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkein

I've seen the movies and I LOVE them, but I don't do well with long, extremely detailed novels. I need more action and sometimes I get disinterested quickly, so I wouldn't want to disappoint myself.


3. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I like everything that I hear about this series, but I don't know. Am I too old to read something that's "middle grade"?


4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I've heard some great things and some bad things about this book, but mostly I heard a lot of negative things about Paolini when this series first came out and that turned me off of it originally. Maybe I should give it a try now?


5. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Sometimes classics are a struggle and I'm nervous that this one won't live up to the rave reviews my friends give it. I should probably read it at some point...

6. Sabriel by Garth Nix

Maddy raved about this one but not so much the sequel. Also, this is so picky but I hate the cover so it makes me wishy-washy about whether I want to read it.


7. Crank by Ellen Hopkins

I have heard such AMAZING things about Hopkins' books but I've never read them. I feel like I would have to be in the right mood to read them and I'm afraid that they would make me sad!



Comments

  1. I enjoyed Bossypants and I am exactly the same when it comes to biographies etc. I also really liked Mindy Kaling's book. They are easy to read unlike a lot of other non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping and why I'm thinking I might give it a try. I want non-fiction that's easy-to-read!

      Delete
  2. Lord of the Rings and Anne of Green Gables--two of my most favorite series. I've read all the the Anne books and I think there are somewhere around 18 of them. Lord of the Rings is so rich with language, descriptions and plot. It's my favorite book of all time. Fun topic today. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the LoTR movies, but the books seem like they might be difficult to wade through. But you know what they say, the books are always better than the movies! So I bet I would enjoy the series if I got into it.

      Delete
  3. Definitely not to old for Percy Jackson! I thought the same thing when I was thinking about reading them but now it's one of my favorite series ever!
    Anne of Green Gables is really cute. I may not consider it my favorite classic but I never get tired of Anne and Gil!
    Here's my TTT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-five-books-im-not-sure-i-want-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that another skeptic enjoyed Percy Jackson!

      Delete
  4. Percy Jackson is so much fun! And you are never too "old" for any book if it is something you might like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! I shouldn't be so judgmental on books :)

      Delete
  5. Lol, Bossypants almost made my list too, but I think I still want to read this book. Here's my TTT list for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-im-not.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough because Tina Fey is so funny but I hate non-fiction! What an internal battle...

      Delete
  6. The fact that you have like three of my favorite books on this list cracks me up to no end haha. Bossypants totally doesn't read like a memoir--its pretty short too, so that's nice! Anne of Green Gables is a MUST read! The sequels are slower, but the first book shines. Also I LOVE the Sabriel cover; you're killin me here! I think I've changed my mind a bit about the sequel, but I need to read the last book to know for sure, but Sabriel's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I definitely stole some of my ideas from you so maybe that's why. Ughh I can't stand the Sabriel cover....

      Delete
  7. Good to hear! I have been hearing a lot of defense of Percy Jackson so I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts