Analyze This: Getting Personal



I was recently scrolling about the Blogosphere when I landed on some blogs that weren't book blogs. Now, I don't really read a lot of blogs that aren't book blogs. This is my personal niche and I already spend enough time as it is about the Book Blogosphere already. But that being said, I stumbled upon a blog called The Well, a blog that captures the creative and organizational aspects of blogging across nearly all genres. This blog raised a lot of questions for me about The Book Analyst. What am I hoping to accomplish here? Are there certain lines that I'm not allowed to cross: whether personal or genre oriented?

I guess what I'm saying is that I feel like I sometimes put specific limitations on myself for what I can post on this blog. And in some ways, maybe that's a good thing but in other ways, maybe I'm missing out on something that could have been great. I've gotten closer to those lines already, with my Throwback Thursday meme where I pair a great memory with one of my favorite books from the past. But should I allow myself to post about other things that interest me that don't necessarily have to deal with books? At the end of the day, this is a really personal decision, and one that I have to think long and hard about.

In related news, I've been brainstorming about some ideas for some features that combine books and other fun things about my life. I don't want to spoil the surprise yet, but look forward to some great things in the future! Some things that might be a little quirky (in line with this theme of getting personal and crossing some genres), some things that might work, others that might not. Regardless, this is a process of slow growth and one that I'm excited to share with my readers.

So, overall, expect some changes and some experimentation here. I hope to see The Book Analyst grow and thrive in the future!

Comments

Popular Posts