Analyze This: Time Management

Let's talk about time...



I've thought about my time management skills a lot since I've been on the job hunt. What does it mean to have good time management skills? How does that translate into blogging? Why do people work differently and have different ways of organizing their brains and their lives?

I have a very different schedule now than I did at school, but also a lot more time (yay graduation)! Instead of staying out until 2am and waking up at 10am, I now go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 4am. Yeah, crazy.

This is what my schedule used to look like:
I was crazy
Not so much anymore! Graduation and a job that finishes by 2pm means I have my entire afternoon free and not much to do besides apply for jobs and study for the GRE. Luckily, I can work on my blog. Unluckily, I've learned that I don't work well when I'm not under pressure. Those times when my schedule was so crazy that I scheduled for lunch? That was when I was at my most efficient. I knew when stuff had to get done and I knew that I had to do it efficiently and effectively or else I wouldn't have enough time.

That's what I'm lacking these days. I have so much free time that I don't do anything efficiently and instead I waste time by goofing around and browsing the internet.


So what am I gonna do about it?


  • I'm gonna start using my Google Calendar again. It may not look like it used to, but I'm going to start scheduling stuff out again that I need to do and using my task list to take care of it all
  • I'm going to brainstorm blog ideas when I'm inspired and stop when I'm not
  • I will find some other things to work on when I'm stuck on the blog
  • Run when I'm bored!

Wish me luck on my goals!

Comments

Popular Posts