Throwback Thursday

I thought I'd participate in the internet-wide Throwback Thursday on this blog by pairing a fun memory from the past with a favorite old book.

This week, I'm highlighting an amazing weekend at Shasta Lake this past May.
Can you believe how burnt we are?

In sort of a barely-related book version, I would like to bring our attention back to Dr. Franklin's Island by Ann Halam, a book that I read constantly in middle school.
Hey, it has a beach and water like Shasta, right?
The book, published in 2003, is about three young children on their way to Ecuador as part of the British Young Conservationists. When their plane crashes, they end up stranded on a tropical island where they find the mysterious Dr. Franklin, who is eager to use them as experiments for his genetic engineering projects.

I absolutely loved this book when I was a child, and although I haven't read it in years, I always remember it fondly. Have any of my readers ever read this one?

Comments

Popular Posts