Review: Save the Date

Save the Date Save the Date by Morgan Matson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As per usual, Morgan Matson writes some great characters and sweeps you away into her cute stories. Unfortunately, Save the Date wasn't one of my favorite Matson reads, but that doesn't mean I didn't still enjoy it.

I wasn't immediately sucked into Save the Date. The way that Matson led into the sibling and family relationships wasn't my favorite and it took me a long time to get to a point in the novel where I felt like I was in the swing of things with the Grants. I really wonder if part of it was the length of the novel- the first half seemed exceedingly slow and honestly was a little unnecessary. Some of the writing seemed clunky- I went back and reread sections because it was just heavy and confusing. And finally, I guessed most of the big surprises, which was a little disappointing.

However, let me give you some pros: I still definitely enjoyed this novel. Although the wedding nightmares made me physically cringe, they were so entertaining. The entire Grant family was perfect- they were so funny and each had such a distinct personality.

Summary: (view spoiler)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts