Review: Dark Needs at Night's Edge

Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

🔎Book Review🔎
-
Y’all, I’m crushing this series! I promise that I’ll include a wider variety of reviews eventually, but when reading is coming easy, you don’t argue with the genre.
-
🔎Main Characters: 5/5🔎
Neomi is probably one of my favorite characters so far. I’m a little biased because I really relate to her as a former dancer, but I also really enjoy her spark and the uniqueness of her being a ghost. While she struggles with her situation and develops through the story, her core personality still exists.
-
🔎Secondary Characters: 4/5🔎
I was worried about how we would see Conrad develop in a meaningful way- I mean, he’s described as out of his mind due to all the beings he’s killed. However, Cole impressed me with keeping the elements of his madness while showing how Neomi is slowly healing him. It was great to see the other Wroth brothers as well!
-
🔎Writing Style: 5/5🔎
Dark Needs at Night’s Edge cruised right along! There were some extended scenes where it seemed like I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, but when it did, the pacing picked up again perfectly. I found the dialogue strong in this novel as well.
-
🔎Plot: 4/5🔎
This was a pretty unique plot for the IAD series, which can start to reuse plot points every once in a while. The challenge of Neomi not having a corporeal body is one of the central points and I really like how that played out here with Conrad. I loved some of the scenes and aspects that Cole cooked up for this one as well, particularly the party scene and the fact that Neomi is more experienced than Conrad.
-
🔎Ending: 3/5🔎
I’m noticing that the IAD doesn’t close out it’s novels as nicely as I’d like. Dark Needs at Night’s Edge is certainly better than other IAD novels, but I didn’t like how Nix spoils a lot of their story (I like seeing it in future novels, rather than by a soothsayer telling me) and how the piece about what Neomi is is just thrown in there and not expanded upon.
-
Total: 15.5/25 4 Stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts