Review: Geekerella

Geekerella Geekerella by Ashley Poston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Main Characters: 4/5
I was digging the dual POVs here because it gave us great characterization of both Elle and Darien. Great use of the Cinderella archetypes but with full characterization of both and their own internal conflicts.
Secondary Characters: 4/5
The evil step-mom and step-sisters are a hard trope to really flesh out, and I saw that here. HOWEVER- Poston threw a twist in there with at least one of our "villains" that I really appreciated. I really appreciated our one main side character, Sage, who works with Elle at the Magic Pumpkin. She was surprisingly likeable.
Plot: 4/5
Adorable and wonderful. I'll admit, there wasn't much to the basic romance that was new, but what was there was well-done.
Writing Style: 4/5
Poston did well. It flowed, it filled my heart, and it characterized Elle and Darien through their POVs.
Ending: 3/5
Seemed a little rushed, but very sweet all around.
Total: 19/25

Summary: (view spoiler)


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts