Review: The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 stars.

TL;DR:
Characters: Idk, they were entertaining but I was also irritated by Kristen being described as the "cool girl"
Writing: Great- super entertaining and fast paced; kept me engaged the whole time
Plot: Didn't relate to the "problem" keeping the couple apart and hated the ending

I feel like my TL;DR and Pro/Con list pretty succinctly sum up my feelings on this one. It was an incredibly fast and entertaining read- one of those books where you can miss a car crash in front of you because you're so involved in the story. I got some major feels out of it, even though there were definitely things that I didn't care for. I loved some of the fun elements- Kristen's dog accessory business, the real friendship that develops between Kristen and Josh, the banter between them- but there were definitely some major issues with how infertility is handled and with how Kristen is portrayed.

Pros:
-the entertaining writing style
-the pacing (you can easily finish this in one day)
-Josh
-the banter

Cons:
-Kristen keeping Josh in the dark for no reason
-the ending (all of it)
-Kristen's relationship with Tyler
-Kristen being labeled the "cool girl" who is "not like other girls"

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts