Review: Fake Like Me

Fake Like Me by Barbara Bourland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars.

TL;DR:
Characters: Authentically imperfect
Writing: Sometimes slow, usually pretty
Plot: Art-centric, a slow burn at first but raced toward the finish line

I was really pleasantly surprised by Fake Like Me. Art isn't usually my scene but this novel isn't really about art- I would say it's more about authenticity and identity. I wasn't expecting it to be a mystery/thriller so that was a pleasant surprise, but if you're expecting a breakneck pace, you'll be disappointed.

Downsides: the middle section dragged a little
Upsides: I truly didn't realize that the protagonist is never named (makes so much sense though!), the mystery kept things interesting

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts