Review: The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel like The Thirteenth Tale is set up to be a novel that I would love. Truly, it has books, mystery, some gothic elements, and some great writing passages.

Unfortunately, a few things happened that really diminished my reading experience. Some of them are on Ms. Setterfield (a gradual slowing of pacing in the middle of the novel that made me disinterested and therefore confused) and some are on me (because I was confused, I Googled the novel and spoiled it for myself).

I was really into this novel for the first couple chapters and after reading that synopsis, you can imagine why! I just wish that the effort I put into reading it had paid off a little more for me.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts