Review: The Last Time I Lied

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An atmospheric, twisty journey set at a summer camp- should be relatively innocuous, right? Wrong.

Twenty-eight year old artist Emma returns back to the summer camp she attended fifteen years ago when something terrible happened to her cabin-mates. Now she returns to camp as an instructor, trying to get those missing girls out of her head and out of her art once and for all (you can imagine how well that goes).

The alternating timelines worked incredibly well in this novel and Riley Sager is the queen of false leads and red herrings, which kept the pace fast and the read interesting.

At first I was disappointed by the "end", but I guess I’m just a doubter in the process- it was worth the wait for those final words and the multiple plot twists that came in the last chapter.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts