Review: An Anonymous Girl

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Much like the predecessor, the Wife Between Us, I was entertained but not in love with An Anonymous Girl.

Make-up artist Jessica participates in a psychological study about morals and ethics, but quickly discovers that the Psychiatrist running the study, Dr. Lydia Shields, has much more invested in the study than Jess could have ever expected.

I was drawn in early in the novel and was intrigued by where the premise would take me. The initial surveys that Jess took was a little disappointing- she seemed so taken aback by questions that are pretty normal, so there was definitely a mismatch in situation and response. The next few chapters of set-up moved more slowly in pacing, but that was probably needed because much of the rest of the novel moved at a quick pace.

The twists and turns of the plot were far less than some of the other "Girl novels", as they have been dubbed by other reviewers. I kind of liked this. Not that I dislike the plot twists, but it was a little more refined and less gimmicky in this novel. However, some of the payoff was diminished because the reveal at the end was less "shocking", so I guess there are pros and cons to both.

This was an entertaining read, but one that I probably won't remember much in a few months.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts