Review: The Woman in Our House

The Woman in Our House by Andrew Hart
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 stars.

TL;DR:
Plot: Meh, would have been more interesting had it gone an alternate route
Characters: Not terrible but no major connection and uninspiring twists
Writing: Mediocre- dragged at times

I was actually pretty excited for a short while by where I thought the story was going. I may be in the minority but I actually didn't care for the plot twist. It removed a great deal of the "creep factor". There was one scene where Anna climbs into the attic that was truly terrifying and I thought that the novel would have excelled more had it followed where that scene pointed.

Pros:
-interesting subplot with Anna reading a manuscript
-some creepy potential (even though it ultimately slipped away)

Cons:
-disappointing ending
-too long and too slow
-just ok writing

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts