Fitzgerald Freakouts (1)

Welcome to what will probably be a regular feature around The Book Analyst for a while. I'm entering my senior year of college and to graduate from the Honors College, I'm required to write a thesis and defend in next Spring.
The journey begins now. I'm writing my thesis on the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald and how his childhood time spent growing up in the city of Buffalo, New York affected his writing. I'll be traveling to Buffalo in a few weeks to do some research but first I need to get on my game and start reading!
I won't be alone in Buffalo though- my family is from Buffalo and they'll be helping me through the city and the research process. I'm so excited to be going back to Buffalo and focusing my research on it; the city is beautiful and has so much local culture. I've visited tons of times, but this will be the first time I've gone semi-"professionally".
I'm so excited but incredibly nervous as well. So here's the first of many more posts/freak-outs/reviews/discussions/etc.

Comments

  1. Okay, so you posted on my blog recently that you are also a Greek woman, and now I learn that you are also in your university's honors college!? I'm guessing also an English major?

    I'm starting my junior year, so thesis planning and advisor selection begins now! Your idea looks promising - best of luck! eek!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts