Beat the Heat Readathon

I'm about to complete my last day of my summer job, so I'm excited to begin my first Readathon! I have very humble goals for this blog for the upcoming school year because I know how caught up in college I get, so my goal for the remainder of the summer is to schedule a review post for every week through next June. I'm almost done through November currently, so hopefully this Readathon will help me make progress toward that goal!

Goals:

  • Participate in at least one mini-challenge
  • Read and review at least five books

Books:


  • The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
  • Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper
  • Viral Nation by Saunta Grimes
  • Piece of My Heart by Lynn Maddalena Menna
  • Seven Deadlies by Gigi Levangie
  • Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Progress:

  • 7/29: Completed and reviewed Piece of My Heart
  • 7/30: Completed and reviewed Viral Nation
  • 7/31: Completed and reviewed Ten Tiny Breaths, started Scarlet
  • 8/1: Completed Scarlet
  • 8/2: Reviewed Scarlet, started reading, completed and reviewed Seven Deadlies, started reading Grasping at Eternity 
  • 8/3: Completed and reviewed Grasping at Eternity, read This Is How I Find Her
  • 8/4: Reviewed This Is How I Find Her, started Tempest and Twigs
  • 8/5: Completed and reviewed Tempest, continued reading Twigs, started reading Pride
  • 8/6: Finished reading Pride
  • 8/7: Continued reading Twigs, started reading By a Thread
  • 8/8: Finished and reviewed By a Thread, completed and reviewed Twigs
  • 8/9: Started Out of Play
  • 8/10: Continued Out of Play
  • 8/11: Finished and reviewed Out of Play, started Forevermore
  • 8/12: Finished and reviewed Forevermore
  • 8/13: Started and finished When the World was Flat (and We Were in Love)
  • 8/14: Reviewed When the World was Flat (and We Were in Love)
  • 8/15: Read and reviewed My Chemical Mountain
  • 8/16: Read and reviewed Deeper, started Since You Asked
  • 8/17: 

Comments

  1. That is a great goal you haver there! Good luck and enjoy all your books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course! I'm so excited for my first readathon.

      Delete
  3. I have The Moon and More on my readathon list as well! I just love Dessen's books and I haven't read one in a while so I hope her newest is a good one.

    Happy reading, hope you are able to make it through that pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to compare notes if we both get through The Moon and More! Good luck on your readathon as well!

      Delete
  4. I haven't yet read any Sarah Dessen books but I really should because people seem to like them!
    Good luck and have fun!
    My progress post can be read here: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2013/07/29/beat-the-heat-read-a-thon-progress-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to read The Moon and More because I haven't read any Sarah Dessen for a long time!

      Delete
    2. You definitely should let me know what you think about it!

      Delete
  5. I haven't had the opportunity to read a lot of Sarah Dessen books, so I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. Ten Tiny Breaths sounds really good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to let you know then because I haven't read one in a while. I've just started Ten Tiny Breaths as well! I glanced at Goodreads and it gets really great reviews so now I'm afraid I have too high of expectations.

      Delete
  6. You already have your reviews lined up through NOVEMBER!? You're a superwoman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Haha, I have to because I'm so busy during the school year.

      Delete
  7. Sarah Dessen. I was on the hold list for it at the library until the new library opened and I was able to check it out. I'm excited to read. Might be a vacation read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you'll have to let me know what you think! It might end up being a vacation read for me as well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts