Saturday Summary

As promised, this post has obviously been a long time coming. I blame it on the jobs! I knew it would be a lot, but I guess I didn't realize just how much.
The two constants in my life since graduation (and since my last life update) have been working and reading. I feel like I'm constantly at work, or constantly waiting during the four hour gap between my jobs. Other than that, I've been reading like a madwoman. It's refreshing. I had this giant to-read list and I'm finally getting somewhere on it. And not just YA novels. I've been starting in on some adult novels too, mostly because I'm starting to find it harder and harder to find YA audiobooks on my library's website that I haven't read yet. While I'm not sure if I will expand to classics at some point, I would like to. There's just so many things left to read.
I'm also dreaming up stories and novels in my head, which hasn't happened for a few years. My creative juices go up and down, so it's hard to have a steady writing process, but exciting to have ideas and dreams about what my stories would look like written down. Some recent books I've read have helped contribute to what my dream novel would look like. It's a mix of my favorite poem, T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland combined with Cloud Atlas and The Tale for the Time Being, as well as a favorite TV show, Lost. I still have many books on my to-read list that I think will contribute to my ideas more, so I'm excited for creating where the books will go. My masterpiece at work! Just kidding, we'll have to see.
Anyway, a pretty short update but more to come!

Comments

Popular Posts