#tbt

This Throwback Thursday is inspired by a recent trip to Bend, Oregon. Bend is one of the prettiest places you can imagine.















I had an amazing time camping and hanging out with my fantastic friends. We hung out on the water, I got even more burnt that I had been a few weeks earlier from Shasta, and even witnessed a Brewski event on Mt. Bachelor.

One of my favorite parts was the second night when we all sat around the campfire and played Mafia. I hope you don't mind my bragging, but I won two of the four games. For some reason, this mysterious game of Mafia reminded me of one of my favorite books, The Westing Game




















I would quite literally read The Westing Game multiple times per week as a child. I loved the mystery and the tiny little webs that Ellen Raskin weaves together. The hints and clues and red herrings are so fascinating and intriguing and I absolutely LOVE the way that Raskin constructs her plot. Wow. It is a masterpiece. So if you haven't read The Westing Game before, you should get your hands on it ASAP!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, The Westing Game!! I remember that one; I read it a WHILE ago. Thanks for reminding me about it! :) What a throwback. I was so...well...young when I read it.
    :) And that view looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm glad I could remind you! I love those old throwback books. I want to reread it again here soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts